- Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
While running a GTK+ based C program under Cygwin, the following runtime error is observed,
Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
- Make sure that Cygwin/XServer is installed and is running. If it is not installed, download the relevant packages from Cygwin.
- Make sure that environment variable DISPLAY is defined ...
- cygwin1.dll not found
A C program was compiled under Cygwin and run directly under Windows. The following runtime error was observed,
cygwin1.dll not found
Make sure that the environment variable, PATH, has the directory C:\gygwin\bin which contains the dll, cygwin1.dll.
On Windows Vista, this can be ...
- Mounting Windows partitions under Linux
Multi-boot systems with Linux and Windows are quite common. With the following steps, it is easy to access Windows partitions under Linux.
1. Examine the disk partitions. For example,
sudo fdisk -l
gives the output,
Disk /dev/sda: 160.0 GB, 160041885696 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 19457 cylinders Units = cylinders of ...